Are you risking your eyesight due to the high cost of eye exams?
You will not realize the importance of your eyesight unless you experience any issues related to it. But why wait for problems to arise when you could avoid them beforehand? Those who have normal vision generally do not consider scheduling an eye exam or visiting an eye specialist necessary. An eye examination is not just about how well you can see, but it is also about how healthy your eyes actually are.
Eye specialists from all around the world recommend regular eye checkups at least once every two years. Especially for those who are over 60 years of age, a regular eye examination is a must. You need to make sure not to go for cheap exams so that you can avoid the risk of damaging your eyesight. It is always advised to visit the best eye clinic near you. Varley Optometry is the best optometry in Markham, which consists of a compassionate team of Optometrists.
Optometrists will always advise you not to compromise with your eyesight. Even if the eye examination costs are a little bit more than what you expected, you should always consider it a necessity.
Here is a list of some of the reasons why eye exams are important for all of us:
- Avoid eye diseases: Some of the eye diseases such as cataract and glaucoma are common among most of the people these days. Whenever you start noticing symptoms such as reddening of the eye, irritation in the eyes or any other indications, immediately visit an eye clinic for an eye examination. Since some diseases do not give any prior warning, they cannot be recognized by us, and we need to see a specialist before the situation becomes critical.
- Health concerns: An eye specialist may also recognize other medical issues while doing the examination. Other diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes can also be detected.
- Vision-related problems: Some common vision problems such as myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism can be cured if you go for an eye examination. An eye specialist will prescribe appropriate eyeglasses, lens, or laser surgery whichever is appropriate for you.
- Helpful for students: Students do a lot of reading. Proper vision is extremely important for students to succeed in their lives. It is crucial for them to take proper care of their eyes and decrease their screen-time as much as possible. An eye examination will help the student know if there is any problem in their vision due to overuse of mobile and laptop screens. Take your child to the best optometry near you.
- Eye examination has no other substitute: Most schools these days conduct vision screening tests for the students. If the students pass the test, their eyesight is considered fine. But in reality, vision screenings only screen out those candidates who have serious and apparent eye problems. Those who only have a minor vision or other eye problems are not screened out. It might be possible that others are developing such problems, and such development might later lead to serious problems. A comprehensive eye examination in a well-known and established eye clinic near you might help you detect other problems and find the best cure for all your vision-related problems.
Eye Examination costs:
When we talk about eye examination costs, it varies significantly on the basis of several factors, such as:
- The place where such examination is performed.
- Whether it is performed by an optometrist or an ophthalmologist.
- The number and kind of tests to be performed.
- If the eye examination is for contact lenses, in particular, it costs more than regular eye health examination.
Cheap eye examinations might save you money, but they could be harmful to your eyesight and your eye health. Always visit a well-known and reputable eye specialist.
Varley Optometry has a team of compassionate and experienced optometrists. Avoid visiting cheap eye clinics and avoid cheap eye examinations. Stop risking your eyesight and schedule an eye examination with the best optometrists in Markham for getting rid of all your vision and eye problems.